In this section:
- University Sports Courses in the UK |
- York St John University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Edinburgh Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Birmingham Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Sheffield Hallam University - Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Exeter Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Hull Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Brighton Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Nottingham Trent University Sport Courses and Opportunities |
- Loughborough University - Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Leeds Beckett University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Coventry University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Bournemouth University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Bath - Sports Courses and Opportunities
University of Exeter Sports Courses and Opportunities
The University of Exeter provides prospective students with world-class facilities from first year to postgraduate level. Whether you’re a budding Sports Scholar or want a more behind-the-scenes role in the sport industry, the University of Exeter can hep you get there.
The University of Exeter offers a variety of Performance Sport Scholarships and pathways; sport scholars benefit from support services including state-of-the-art training facilities, expert coaching, Strength and Conditioning, physiotherapy, Sports Psychology, Performance Analysis and a range of performance athlete workshops.
All students benefit from the impressive facilities across the university’s grounds:
- 200+ station fitness centre
- 30+ station gym
- International standard water-based hockey pitch
- Sand-based all-weather surface and a 3G rubber-crumb multi-sport pitch
- Exeter Tennis Centre, featuring 10 indoor tennis courts
- Devon Cricket Centre
- 4 squash courts
- Outdoor 25m pool
- Indoor 23m pool
- 3 fitness studios
- Performance Analysis Suite
- Premier grass sports facility for Rugby, Cricket & Football (Topsham Sports Ground)
- 70+ specific fitness station Athlete Development Centre (Performance Programme athletes only)
Undergraduate Sport Courses at the University of Exeter
BSc Exercise and Sport Science
During the degree students will develop their knowledge of physiology, biomechanics, and psychology, and gain a comprehensive understanding of the scientific principles underlying sport and exercise performance and participation. Students will also acquire scientific research and enquiry skills that are important for careers in both sport and exercise science, and other science-focused industries.
BSc Human Biosciences
This degree programme allows the study scientific aspects of health, physical activity and molecular and cellular biology and recognises the importance that exercise can play in the prevention and treatment of disease. Students will receive a thorough grounding in the study of human and molecular biology together with the various sub-disciplines of exercise and sport sciences, including biomechanics, kinesiology, human and applied physiology, molecular biology, genetics and medical microbiology.
The BSc Nutrition programme offers the opportunity to explore the scientific relationship between diet, health and wellbeing using cutting-edge research to understand the importance of nutrition for health and performance. The course provides practical, hands-on experience taking advantage of the specialist facilities available in the University of Exeter’s world-class laboratories, and informed by the vast expertise of our Sport and Health Sciences academics.
BSc Psychology with Sport and Exercise Science
The BSc Psychology with Sport and Exercise Science is taught jointly by Psychology and Sport and Health Sciences. The degree provides an excellent foundation for any student interested in a career as a psychologist with a particular focus on applying those skills in the broad areas of sport, exercise and health maintenance.