In this section:
- University Sports Courses in the UK |
- York St John University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Edinburgh Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Birmingham Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Sheffield Hallam University - Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Exeter Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Hull Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Brighton Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Nottingham Trent University Sport Courses and Opportunities |
- Loughborough University - Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Leeds Beckett University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Coventry University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- Bournemouth University Sports Courses and Opportunities |
- University of Bath - Sports Courses and Opportunities
University of Hull Sports Courses and Opportunities
The University of Hull is the only official university partner to Team GB; students who choose to study one of the university’s many highly accredited sport-related courses are given the opportunity to work with some of the best athletes in the country.
Undergraduate Sports Courses at the University of Hull
BSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition (SENR accredited)
Mix real-world practical experience and theory to explore the role of nutrition in sports performance and general health. You’ll refine your understanding of nutrition, exercise physiology and psychology. You’ll transfer the theory into real-world practical situations in specialist facilities, including the Health and Human Performance Laboratory, and Exercise Physiology Laboratories, using showcase catering facilities and on work placement.
BSc Sport and Exercise Science
Learn how to help athletes improve their performance and how to protect the general public’s health and wellbeing through exercise. Your work placement is already built into your degree, so you get to apply the scientific theory of physiology, psychology and biomechanics with hands-on experience. Plus in your final year, you get to decide what you want to study. You can follow your passions and interests in psychology, biomechanics, physiology or nutrition and choose whether you want to focus on health and exercise, or sports and performance.
BSc Sport Rehabilitation
Gain the clinical skills to prevent, diagnose and treat neuro-musculoskeletal injuries. You’ll combine theory, hands-on experience, critical reflection and professional judgement as you learn to excel in the latest techniques in exercise rehabilitation. The Sport Rehabilitation degrees have accreditation from the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT). Graduates from those courses may be eligible to join BASRaT as a full graduate member, practice in the field of sports rehab and use the title Graduate Sport Rehabilitator (GSR).
BSc Sports Coaching and Performance Science
Work with professional teams and athletes and learn to apply theoretical knowledge to high-level coaching. This course is for anyone wanting to begin a career in coaching people of all ages and abilities as well as those interested in teaching physical education.
You’ll become a competent practitioner with clinical skills and knowledge to assess, evaluate, formulate and implement treatment programmes in a diverse range of settings. This course has been launched at the specific request of local healthcare providers to meet a critical shortage of physiotherapists – so the career prospects for graduates could hardly be better. As well as gaining industry experience and networking, students studying this course will receive a payment of at least £5,000 a year.